Sunday 22 February 2015

Chinese New Year Evening ride to Malim Nawar

Sunday 22-02-15, the fifth day of Chinese New Year.

Left Kampar from the railway overhead bridge with Mukhvinder, Ooi Kay Beng, Eugene and Ganesan (event organiser) for a short leisurely ride for a late afternoon tea at Kenneth Sai's Coffee Shop (Yen Lee Thong) about 9 km away.

On the return journey I had to break away from the group and hurry off to meet my sister-in-law and nephew who have arrived at my mother's house for dinner. Despite my almost "top-speed" of 25-27 km/h all the way, Ooi Kay Beng caught up with me on ascending the slope to the overhead bridge at Kampar.

It was a pleasant evening with fine weather.

I arrived at the foot of the bridge to meet a Kamparian jogger Jacky Lo for the first time


Chit chatting, after Ooi Kay Beng arrived, but still had to wait for Mukhvinder


Finally Mukhvinder arrived and needed help from my mini pump to inflate his bike tyre


Kenneth gave us a hearty Chinese New Year treat at his coffee shop. The bachelors received ang pows


Final pose before we left for home at about 7 o'clock


Country road, take me home, to the place where I belong . . .

Walking the C2C Trail: from CP6 to CP7

Our second leg of walking the Coast-to-Coast Trail, from CP6 to CP7, took place on Sun 2019.09.22, a day after we completed our first l...